How to get the best spray tan for prom, wedding or other important occasion.
Some occasions demand for you to look your absolute best, and nothing short of perfection should satisfy you. What "would do" at other times is just not good enough at those moments.
That is why if you are getting married, going to a prom or have other, very important function, the expectation on your spray tan to turn out great will also be very high.
There are few steps that you need to take to make sure that a bad spray tan will not spoil your day:
1. If you've never had a spray tan before, make sure that you have a trial few weeks before the occasion. You do not know how your skin will react to the solution. Although chancesof going orange are very remote, how would you feel if it happen on the day of your wedding or prom? Scary!
2. Stay away from the dark tan. Get the lightest shade possible. You want the focus to be on you and that special dress. The tan should be invisible, adding just a "glow".
3. If you are wearing white, or very light coloured dress, find a salon where they have very little or no bronzer in the solution. In a lot of people the bronzer will get into the pores and when they sweat, it will stain the dress, sometimes permanently.
4. Take extra care in your preparation before the tan. Exfoliate very well with the proper products, and apply barrier cream all over your hands and feet before spray tanning.
5. Buy a touch up solution and a tan extender and learn how to use them to repair and prolong your tan way ahead of the occasion. Believe me, on the days immediately before your wedding, and straight after, you will have other things on your mind rather then learning new skills.
6.Make sure that you have your spray tan done in the same salon, by the same technician (if you are having it airbrushed, and not in a booth) and using the same solution as duringyour trial (if you liked it, of course).
7. If your trial did not turn out as great as you expected, try a different salon, using different solution. It's like with any cosmetic; if one does not suit your skin, just look for the one that will.
A spray tan for wedding, prom or any other special occasion is a wonderful idea if you learn how to do it right. It will make your hair shine, eyes sparkle and give you the mostbrilliant smile.
The cost and effort is very small compared to the fabulous benefits.
Back to Articles Page